Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep getting annoying "blank application.exe" is corrupt and unreadable"

For some time now, maybe a month?, I have been getting annoying balloon pop-ups saying what ever application I try to run is corrupt and unreadable please run chkdisk and solve the problem, well the programs still run fine, and I reboot and run chkdsk and it "supposedly" fines the erros and fixes them, but when I start the comp back up I get same messages. And when I reboot it trys to chkdsk everytime. I have installed "SpeedFan" to check my hdd and everything seems to check out fine, everything is green and all that jazz. I have tryed a couple things to try and fix it just everything I try to do doesn't work, so maybe there is somethign I am not hitting right on, anyway I was wondering if ANYONE out there could try and help me out with this problem... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Joe

P.S.- It started after a improper shutdown due to power outage, and I have UPS running I was just not home in time to cut off comp. properly.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: Keep getting annoying "blank application.exe" is corrupt and unreadable"

Do you run an AntiVirus utility? Which?

Do you run an Anti-Spybot utility? Which?

NOTE: You should be running both types of utilities. One will catch what the other does not.

Try this:
  1. Boot to your original WinXP Setup CD
  2. At the window with the 1st Repair option on the bottom Status Bar, select that to run the Recovery Console
  3. At the Recovery Console command line, enter CHKDSK /R (the /R is not a typo)
  4. Let CHKDSK run then reboot

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Yeah for AV - I use AVG Free

And no I am not currently running any anti spy bot app...

And I will try the recovery option and report back if everything is better. Stupid question, the xp setup is the same as recovery cd right? Cuz that's all I have...

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sorry it took me so long to respond back, but I have been working close to 60 hours every week.... I put the recovery cd that came with my comp in the puter it only has 2 options to reformat my comp ( destruct. and backup )... I don't have an actual xp setup cd..... any other suggestions?.. it's really screwing me up now, now it wont recognize my external giving me delayed write failure, and i'm getting more retarded pop-ups.. please help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.