Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i'm the new guy and i need help. i have a KDS Valiant Laptop and until the other day was working just fine. however it has since stopped working it wont power on. the battery has been dead for a while so it was plugged in. what do i look for as possable problem. i have been told that it might be the motherboard. but i just don't think it is that but i could be wrong
any help thank you. :4-dontkno

P

·
0 Posts
Problem might be caused by numerious reasons. Might be the jack ( which is soldered on the motherboard) , power supply, battery even the cable. Try using different power supply and/or battery first if you can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Luck?

I had the same problem about a year ago. I took it back to where I bought it to see if they could repair it. They told me they would have to replace the motherboard (costing more than it was worth). I then sent it to the guy who repairs electronics for our company, and he said he couldn't do anything?

Have you had any luck?

·
Registered
1 Posts
KDS laptop problems

I don't know if you still have problems, but I have found two things that can cause a KDS laptop motherboard to look dead.

1) Power jack is not making good connection to the motherboard.
The break is where the positive power pin goes thru the motherboard.
You can replace the jack (full dis-assembly of the system required)
Or, you can scrape the etch on the top of the motherboard and solder a
wire from the jack to the motherboard.
2) The BIOS is corrupted, so the system will not power up.
Replace the BIOS.

Please contact me if you still have these systems and would like more help to fix them.

Regards,
Dennis Foreman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.