Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Kazaa lite, I download, video or audio and them erase them from the folder in Kazaa lite. Even after I have deleted these downloads, and check the free space on my hard drive, it seems that the free space is still impacted by the Kazaa downloads, despite my deleting them and running disk defrag.

Are they still somewhere on my hard drive ? I can't aford to be losing so much space, and I have not downloaded or installed any other software.

Kazaa lite seems to be taking up too much space despite deleting their downloads.

Can any one offer any help ? Many thanks for your kind expertise.

DixieWins

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Have you emptied the recycle bin yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thanks done that repeatedly

evn after downloading, and deleting and emptying trash, the space on hard drive is still dimenished

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfinished downloads take up space as well, in the form of .dat files in your "my shared folder". might help you out if you delete them, you'll loose what you have partially downloaded though.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Do you have Norton Utilities installed? If so, check the properties of the Norton Protected Recycle Bin, I think you'll find your missing space there. I got rid of that part of Norton because of that issue. Set it's usage to 0%, apply it and let it delete the "protected files", then disable it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"My share folder" is completely empy and I do not have Norton, using NOD32 antivirus.

Even after I delete everyting that has been downloaded from Kazaa and even run defrag, the space available on my hard drive has still dimenished significantly -- HELP !

thanks

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Norton utilities, not Norton AV! :rolleyes: Could this be XP's system restore facility eating up the drive space?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.