Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

kazaa and savenow

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Volt-Schwibe 
#1 ·
i dont know if anyone here has downloaded kazaa in the last few months, but they changed the download. now it forces you to install savenow on your machine....

and if you uninstall savenow kazaa wont start....

but if you go in and look at the save.exe file, and throw it away, it wont work either, unless you take a copy of messenger and copy it into there and rename it save.exe....

this keeps save from working on my machine, but kazaa doesnt know i killed it...

just to let you guys know...
in case it sounds like a thing you want to do
i dont like adware/spyware, and savenow is nothing if it isnt that.

~BoB~

#11 ·
Can you explain more?

Hi I use netpumper, very unfortunate!! there was a new version realesed I thought great and then discovered the new bits were weather cast, cydoor and save now!!, netpumper can stop working even if I havent touched these painful intrusions
I often uninstall netp and then run spybot and adaware to reduce the build up of spyware, whats messager? love to disable save now!! how do you do it!!

#13 ·
well

well, if you uninstall savenow, kazaa would refuse to run.
but....

that all applied to the old download they had, now they have changed it.

it seems that too many people found out how to disable it and so they changed the entire thing.

now, i odnt think it is anything but spyware, with perhaps 2% of it actually being the download manager. i am not putting kazaa back on my machine, as after i ran it for a few days, i ran ad aware, and spy bot search and destroy, and they found more than 500 data mining spyware programs on my machine.

another satisfied kazaa customer (yeah, right)

~BoB~

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.