Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently switched from directvinternet DSL to earthlink DSL due to directvinternet shutting down. Since switching, I am having a miserable time using Kazaa. Most things I try to download, I get a 'More Sources Needed' message even though Kazaa has found a source in the search. If a download has 3 or 4 users, then the download will usually start, but if there is only one or two sources, I can forget about it. I've also noticed that the number od users downloading from my site has decreased.

I am thinking that earthlink is somehow limiting my Kazaa site, since I did not have these problems with directv. Anybody have any thoughts or experiences like this

Thanks

·
hey
10,189 Posts
It could be possible that earthlink is somehow filtering traffic. Another option could be if you had to install software from them that a firewall could have been setup.

How is earthlinks performance otherwise? Just wondering.

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
I think it's quite likely that your ISP is limiting your Kazaa bandwidth, that's a very common complaint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No,

I've never installed the earthlink software. Overall, for web browsing, earthlink has been fine, but for email, newsgroups and Kazaa it stinks compared to my old service.

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
Like I say, they probably have bandwidth limitation for that kind of stuff. So far Comcast has been pretty good here, I haven't noticed any limitations on bandwidth or blocked ports when attempting to connect to various services.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.