14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a new computer with specs:
Athlon 64 3000
1gb ram (Singapore)
Asrock 939A8X-M mobo
200gb seagate hdd
HIS Excalibur 9559 VPU
I can play Far cry for bout 1\2 hr then when restarting checkpoints it randomly reboots without warning,also happens with other gamese.g doom3\F.E.A.R.What do you think could cause this problem e.g hardware\software conflicts.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum...Sounds like a potential overheating condition....how many case fans do you have, how many are bringing in cool air and how many exhaust ? You may want to take the side off the case and see if thy are all turning, (and in the proper orientation )....you may also want to run the computer without the side on and have a fan blowing into the case and see if the problem goes away. If your computer came with a monitoring program see what the cpu temps are at idle...and run a game for a bit and then see where the temps are, if you don't have such a program you can download Motherboard Monitor 5 and see what it says...post back and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not Hardware but software

I cannot install windows xp home sp2 properley so this seems to be the problem sometimes it will install and work but not fully and others it will fail to install at all.this cd is brand new so i was wondering if there may be other things needed installed first scsi or raid drivers, i only have a 200gb hdd and dvd rw 16X and fdd.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
There is no need for you to load any drivers for a windows XP installation with the components you have (even if th HD is SATA) I would look at your bios and see what the timings for the memory is set at....set them to the correct values manually and if it is ddr memory set the voltage to 2.72. Make sure spread spectrum is disabled...if you continue to have this problem I would look at the psu as the source of your woes...What brand PSU, model Wattage etc, what are your voltage readings ?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Actually, you do usually need a driver for SATA devices. If it does get isntalled but fails to work then you may have a problem in the HDD controller or bad RAM that's funking up the data as it installs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
possible Hardware conflict

I have been able to install all setup files without errors but when we reach the next stage and it installs devices nearing the end we get a stop message
STOP-0x0000007e
I'm told by a friend that this is a hardware conflict,and was wondering how to determine which peice of hardware is causing the problem.I'm thinking Memory 1024gb ddr pc3200 or GPU HIS 9550.
other Specs:seagate 200gb hdd
Athlon 64 3000
samsung dvd/rw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.