Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new external dvd rewriter. It plays some dvds fine. Two dvds have a very jumpy sound and/or jumpy image. I had played one of them on my old dvd drive without any problem. All the dvds I play were new when I bought them from a shop.
Do I have to tweak the speed or something? I have tried with power dvd (jumpy sound, no image), media classic player (image but jumpy sound) and vlan (no image, no sound).

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
There could be something wrong with the DVD's causing the player to have trouble reading those particular DVD's, or it may be an issue with the connection. How is the drive connected, USB? If so, try disconnecting any other USB devices. Are you trying to do anything else on the PC while playing the DVD?

·
Registered
291 Posts
specs of computer please. I have a computer that does the same thing but mine is due to running to little ram in it. once I installed more ram it was gone. you can go to www.crucial.com and they can scan your system for you to tell you how much you have and what is compatible and how much you can install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.