Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to get an AMD 386 DX/DXL with what appears to be a game card , to start up. When I turn it on, the system lights come on and beeps 3 times repeatedly. there is no signal to the monitor.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
48 Posts
well i suggest you plug your keyboard and mouse first, along with all other hardwares to the motherboard... becuz there are basic commands that are built-in in the CMOS... and they mite be helpful... that's wut i'm thinking...

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
You can't do nothing with out a keyboard & a mouse, there has to be a place where you plug them in. Do as much reseach as you can about the parts you have, and go from there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keyboard/mouse are plugged

When I turn the system on ,the system lights come on,I still get no signal to the monitor, and it beeps continuously with a pause after every 3rd beep. Any pictures of what its supposed to look like would be helpfull.
Thanks for your patients
Mark

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Depending on the system, it could be complaining about the lack of a keyboard! In a system that old, I suspect that you have a larger 5 pin DIN connector for the keyboard. If so, you can buy an adapter to connect a PS/2 keyboard to the machine.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
And since I throw away better motherboards, I'm not sure what the purpose of attempting to get this one to run is! :rolleyes: :winking:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AM386 DX/DXL-40

This board has the processor chip installed, but there is another area that is missing a chip. It is marked WT3167,is lettered A thru N
horizontilly, and 1 thru 13 vertically. There is also an area next to it that a chip missing, but this is tiny, with 5 holes on each side.
Its marked DSC1. They are both next to the J8 jumper. This is the same computer that beeps 3 times repeatedly, no signal to the monitor.
Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.