Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,
i've just formatted my computer, hoping to get it running a little better as it was starting to slow down a little and was due for a cleanup.
anyway the problem is this. when i watch video's, in any player, any video size bigger than 100% and the video gets all jump, even with everything else closed so the video player has all the ram it needs. i am running xp on a intel p3 801mhz, with 384mb ram, and an intel 82815 graphics controller. the hdd is 19gb with apprx 11gb free. its all pretty much a shop bought computer with the addition of a network card, dvd burner, and the extra 256mb of ram.

now, the thing that confuses me.back when it was only 128mb ram, and then i chucked in the 2 extra 128's it ran heaps better, and could play video's fine (at full screen) with about 2gb free on the hdd and other applications running at the same time. so now i dont know whats changed to make it do this. if anything i thought it would be able to play video's better than before. the only thing i can think of, is that the two 128's were just added to the computer while it was off, where'as this time the computer was formatted with them installed.

any idea's what it may be?
please feel free to ask any more questions if you need anymore info, as i need this sorted asap.

thanks,
dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
don't worry, just solved my own question!
turned out it was the refresh rate (was set on 85hz, must have been standard setting with new driver, didnt have this driver before i formatted)
thanks anyways...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.