Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a similar problem. I get the error message jrew.exe and also i get the message that i need a cd-rom to use the software but i am using a cd-rom, this only happens when i use my laptop that has Vista, but doesn't happen with my pc with XP. Please help! I have install and unistall java several times but i believe that is not the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its a course that I downloaded as an ISO file than I saved it to a CD-ROM. The company that put it together, I have contacted them and the only thing they suggest is to download the new java to run it with but it doesnt work. I have searched for solutions and tried uninstalling and reinstalling macromedia flash player and still doesn't work. I'm sure it's a incompatibility with Vista.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your assistance. I downloaded the old version of Java as you recommended, I changed the version of Internet Explorer from 8 down to 7 because it was freezing up. Tried the dif compatibilities available and still the same.

The situation is like this: I put in the CD-ROM that I believe works; the screen of the program comes up, I sign in, click on the module and a window opens up I can hear the sound and...suddenly I get a window that says on the top Player error then the message says... Courses can be played from CD-ROM only...but thats what I am doing! I then, click the ok option(there's no other) and everything disappears and then, get the jrew message.

I hope this is clear. thank you again for your assistance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.