Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
jrew.exe is definitely an old Java file. I found it on my XP system in the \jre\bin directory for some program that I don't remember installing. JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. I checked the Properties for the jrew.exe file and it was created back in 2000. The Readme file that is present, related to my jrew.exe file, shows that it is for JRE 1.1.8 which worked with Windows 95/98/2000/NT 4.0. Windows XP isn't mentioned but many of the programs that worked with the systems mentioned also worked under XP.

Were you able to install in on the Vista system? Is it only when you try to run the program that it gives the error message?

Try searching the XP system for jrew.exe and if it exists on there see if it is located in a directory structure that includes the program files for the program that you are trying to use. It would also be helpful to know the error message that is appearing and what options, if any, that it gives. It's possible that it may not work under Vista if the program relies on that old file but using the Vista Compatibility may help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.