Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
windows xp is supposed to be the best os, and when i installed xp, it mentioned the "ultimate" revolution of internet explorer 6. it's the best.. riight?

well, i don't exactly know

here's my problem: when i click on a link, either it comes up (if not javascript), or the thing at the lower left of the ie screen (by the start button) turns yellow and has a caution sign and says "error on page".

i remember reading about this on another forum and tried to find that one, but had no luck. could someone possibly help me out?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Java support seems to be an "on again, off again" thing with M$.
CLICK HERE to go to a guy's site, where he has downloads of fixes for M$ products. His downloads allow you to directly get the fixes, without having to hunt for them at M$'s site. Look for the link for the Java Virtual Machine, and install it. That should take care of most Java problems. Or you can head over to sun.com, and fish around 'til you find the download link for thier Java runtimes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, on one of my computers, i found the problem!:D

zeroads, a pop-up blocking software, was not allowing cookies to be saved, ads to be displayed, or pop-ups to be shown. what you have to do is either ad the website to the safelist, or press "alt" when you click a link that will bring up a pop-up that you want to display.

but-- i still have the problem on the other computer.

as soon as i get the chance, i will put my network back together and get the ics back on. then i will try to download the patch (if i can).

and yea, i am running the latest version of ie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.