Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Im trying to apply for a job in Spain online and it is asking for an electronic signature. When i go through the steps to get one it checks my computer, browser and java. It failed on the java check because I had the latest version of java and it suggested that i have java hotspot(tm) 1.6.0_32 - 1.7.0_45 .

So i uninstalled my java and installed 1.7.0_45.

Now the check isnt detecting java at all. Ive been into the java control centre and played around with security settings but nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am on a windows 7 x64 machine and using internet explorer browser to access the website (i tried it with chrome and it failed the browser check so thought it would be simpler to just use IE)

·
TSF Enthusiast
908 Posts
There is a known issue with Google Chrome, Java and Windows 7 x64. I painstakingly diagnosed my Java/Chrome problems over the course of several days, arriving at a (quite simple) fix. However this may not be the same for you, and you may not be comfortable working within the system registry, if this is the case, just say as there are other ways.

• Click START > RUN (or Windows key+R), and type "Regedit"
  • Within Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > MozillaPlugins > "@java.com/JavaPlugin,version=xx.xx.x"
  • Here you should be able to see a Path string, and an associated path. Here's mine;

My Path string was originally "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\msiexex.exe\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll", which will never work, and it's what caused my Chromium to fail the Java check. I simply edited that line and restarted Google Chrome, and all worked as expected.

Have a look, you never know and hopefully I've helped with your Application - Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.