Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Netvista 8308 with a Jaton 3D Force4 MX440-64 TV 64MB DDR Memory, AGP 8x, the card seems to be ok at boot time, the BIOS splash screen is shown, afterwards the WinXP loading banner is shown. But at the time the video driver is loaded the scren goes of, and the video signal is cut (the monitor led flashes as unpluged). WinXp SafeMode or VGA mode load without problem, even if I uninstall the driver (most recent driver from NVidia btw) the computer will boot without problem. XP detects the card and installs the driver, but at any atempt to change the video configuration results in video cut.

Does anybody knows what shoul I do? appart from burning this IBM rubbish!

Enjoy!... -razz:

free to decide...
free to fulfil...​

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like you are having a Driver issue. The first thing you need to do is make sure you are unistalling/installing the driver correctly. Boot into safe mode, completely unistall the Device from Device Manager, THEN install the driver.

Also, make sure that you have your AGP drivers installed for the Motherboard by running the motherboards set-up CD.

Other than that you can try using a different Nvidia driver.

Let me know how it goes.

- Eric

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
If you're running an LCD panel then it may be trying to set a refresh rate which is too high for the LCD. Sometimes Windows will set too high a refresh rate for monitors which are recognized as plug and play. You can use RefreshForce to force Windows to set an acceptable refresh rate (like 60Hz) no matter what else is going on with your system. That can tell you if it's a refresh rate problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.