Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, first when i got it, the desktop became some link to some site which said that your computer has been affected with spyware and you have to get rid of it now. and then it gave you a link to a site.

now, whenever i go on the internet, instead of taking me to my home page, it takes me to http://www.warningmessage.com/ and i am afraid that i do have spyware..

what should i do?

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
26,363 Posts
Download HiJackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any malware on your computer.
  1. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
  2. Click on the "Unzip" button to install the newer version.
  3. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\
  4. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose - Do a system scan and save a logfile.
  5. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit [Scan] and then click on Save log.
  6. Start a new thread in the main HijackThis Log Help forum & post the log there

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do Not trust that webpage! It recommends to buy antispywares, which are reported by Spyware Warrior as Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products.

PSGuard - aggressive, deceptive advertising, reported stealth-installs, hijacking.

RazeSpyware - aggressive, deceptive advertising; reported hijacks; false positives work as goad to purchase; poor scan reporting - Note: other domains associated w/ RazeSpyware include: scanthenet.com, spyware-spyware.org.

SpyTrooper - aggressive, deceptive advertising; same app as SpyDemolisher, SpySheriff, & SpywareNo.

WorldAntiSpy - aggressive, deceptive advertising; desktop hijacks.

P.S.: Depends on that webpage, I am infected too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.