Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For no reason! I was here just a few days ago and I did EVERYTHING and i thought my comp was cleaned? But now it askes me like once a day if I want to download 'Free Hot B**ches'??? Whats this? Help please?

·
Registered
559 Posts
p0lkad0tta said:
For no reason! I was here just a few days ago and I did EVERYTHING and i thought my comp was cleaned? But now it askes me like once a day if I want to download 'Free Hot B**ches'??? Whats this? Help please?

"everything" is a wide catagorey. :grin: Please tell us what you did. I some what doubt that you have all MS updates, use FX or Opera, have a firewall, AV, adblock (fx pluging), run scans atleast weekly, and have spybot IMMUNE/spyblast. If you have not, please do the things named, it will definetly make a difference. :sayyes:
-blitze

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything was refering to the things i did a week ago to get rid of the stuff but thw downloads are coming from pinkbox.pl right now I do daily scans with Microsoft AntiSpyware. but that's it...

·
Premium Member
14,311 Posts
Is this for the same computer that you posted a HijackThis log for? If not, run all the scans and give us the HijackThis log in the HijackThis Log Help forum (mention that it's for another computer so we don't think it's a duplicate thread).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes this is the same computer greyknight. But if its a virus wouldn't it be gone? it came right after i fixed my background... and it only askes me once a day...

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Yo p0lkad0tta -

Please return to your thread here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=70510

You never came back with the last logs requested. You really need to help us help you by completely following through with the instructions given.

Thanks.

Something to know about MSAS:

MicroSoft AntiSpyware Program:

Because of recent changes in the way this program now defines and detects spyware/adware it is no longer recommend as a spyware removal tool. Microsoft as downgraded several adware/spyware programs that it used to detect and remove and now lists them simply as “Ignore”

These are some of the adware/spyware programs that this program will NOT prompt you to remove. Claria, 180Solutions, WhenU, New.net, most WhenU apps, eZula,TopText, Gain/Gator, and Webhancer. These are all known adware/spyware programs and hijackers. Basically this product can no longer be trusted!! I recommend you remove it

Here are some other tools which will do the job quite well:

AdawareSE (free)
Spybot Search and Destroy (Teatimer Enabled) (free)
IESpy-Ad (free)
SpywareBlaster (free)
WinPatrol (free)
CounterSpy (free trial)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so do i have to download ALL of them? or just one? and should i really delete Microsoft Anti Spyware? i don't think it's bad... Its by Microsoft...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey i think my comps fixed. My friend wotks with computers and he told me what to do. If anything ever happens again i think i'll ask him

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Well, that's your choice. I'll say it again, in case you missed it:

These are some of the adware/spyware programs that this program will NOT prompt you to remove. Claria, 180Solutions, WhenU, New.net, most WhenU apps, eZula,TopText, Gain/Gator, and Webhancer. These are all known adware/spyware programs and hijackers.

That list of programs was only to show you options. They all do different things, and catch different malware.

I use all but CounterSpy.

I'm glad you feel that your issue is over....but it would be polite to return to your thread and finish the job those analysts started, or at least let them know your issue is resolved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.