Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an Asus P4C800 Deluxe, P4 3.3GHz, 2GB RAM. everything works except for the onboard sound (SoundMAX), I have installed the sound driver, updated the sound driver, but still I cant hear any sound. The BIOS options for the sound are AUTO and DISABLED, AUTO is selected. I have tested it under XP and WinServer 2K3, media player looks as if it playing, but there is no sound. The speakes do work

plz reply to [email protected]

Thanx

G

·
Double click the speaker on the taskbar and a menu will pop up, Check to see tha your volume is not muted and it should be turned up if the slider is down. There are other options to check in there as well, Prolly under advanced or something like that....:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all volumes full, none are muted, in advance 2 options already selected

1. AC3 SPDIF
2. PCM SPDIF

what is SPDIF?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have set SoundMAX audio wizard to 5.1 system, I can hear the test signal in the blue(line in/rear speaker) and pink(mic/sub and centre) holes but not in the lime one(line out/front speaker) , Ive looked at windows volume control and SoundMax volume control, I cant find the control for line out. I have set the SoundMAX audio wizard to full for the front speakers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost fixed, Had to disable front sound panel, cant use front and back panel at the same time, only 1 prob now, sound is better than OK in windows, but as comp is booting up, the snd msg are not clear (distorted), I have played the same sound files in xp and they are ok

·
Registered
45 Posts
You have to go into control panel and click the sound icon then click the drop down box for No Sounds, is it asked you if you want to save the current theme clik no or yes and save as whatever. You cannot have windows sound themes and other media sounds going at the same time. Plus you have to mute the microphone unless you are using it. Everytime you click anything the windows theme will overide any other sound. Thats Bill Gates $ 4 YAh. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.