Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I run Windows 7. My graphics card is an nvidea GTX 760.

I was running an intensive application earlier (Elder Scrolls Online, video game). The game crashed, and a message was displayed stating something along the lines that "The device driver has stopped working, and has now been succesfully restored". I noticed through Open Hardware Monitor that the graphics card temperature had reached into the 60s, so I manually upped the fan speed on the graphics card, gave the computer a rest for a few minutes, then went back to playing.

Same problem happened again, only this time in addition to the error message there were also strange.. markings/patterns/graphical glitches coming up on the screen.

I did some googling, and was lead to the following link:
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

I attempted to install the Microsoft fix. Since installing this fix, I have been unable to boot into normal Windows - it simply stays forever on the "Windows starting" page with black background and the windows image on. I went out and left it like that for a good three hours just to be sure.

I have ran a system restore back to yesterday, before installing the MS fix, but the system still will only start in safe mode.

Device Manager does pick up on the graphics card when I look.

I would love to get this resolved, and would appreciate any help or suggestions people have to share. If you need any further information from me in order to help, please do ask.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Upon looking at device manager again, I saw there is an error with the "AMDA00 Interface" under System devices.

Upon disabling this, I can now boot into Windows normally.

Can anybody help me to further understand or resolve this issue?

Motherboard is an Asus H87-Pro
Graphics card is an EVGA nVidea GTX 760
CPU is an i5-4570

Windows 7

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upon attempting to run a game, the game crashed during loading and the following error message was displayed:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x59dc00 GetDate == 0x887a0005 0 NF 646
D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

It may be worth mentioning that I have used Open Hardware Monitor to manually change GPU fan speed to compensate for extra heat geneation during games, intensive apps, etc. Would this compromise the GPU card if done for hours/day?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.