Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a long question, but I hope that you can help.

I have an account with a major UK ISP. With this I have an email address naturally but I also have a secondary email address too.
I have a website (on a different server than my ISP) and the secondary email address is only used from this website (you know – “email us for details or to place an order” sort of thing).

Now, I have no problem with my main email address but I get lots of strange emails to my “web” email address.
These contain only rectangles and weird symbols as the text. There are no attachments.
I have tried various encription codes, opening them in Notepad etc, all to no avail.

I’m not sure if they are spam or if they may be genuine emails placing orders for products or giving us feedback on the website.
We would hate to be missing out on anything, but gut feeling says they’re spam.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I used Panda for my virus protection but am sure that none of these emails contain viruses.

I’m really puzzled

Neil B

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
don't even bother with those emails, delete them. You do not want to take a chance these days.

If you feel they might be lost opportunities, maybe you need to change way orders/comments are handle from your site.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
If you can't read them, my guess is SPAM. I've seen lots of these, and I figure they're probably Chinese SPAM, since they appear to be in a very strange language.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.