Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be possible through html to make a web site which searches for information and posts it. I'm looking to sell some cards online.

There are several buylists people have of what they are willing to pay for them, but as far as I know there is no comprehensive site covering all buylists. I want to make a website (or it could be just a program which searches for information that I'd use) which will seek out the prices of each card on the list to update them if they should change.

I know I'd have to program it to do so and where to look, for this I could put in the name of the card, and it's adjacent price. I think this may be possible in some way, as myjobhunter.com searches several job websites and lists each job for every job website it searches.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the term I believe you are looking for is web crawler or internet spider. I use a web crawler tool for some of my searches to find sites to block. I manually enter them into my database, but the tool I use generates a text file. their are many other programs that do auto searching based on parameters .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.