Monitor: 24" LED screen (ASUS VE248H)
RAM: 8GB (4x2 Corsair Vengance 1600mhz)
DVD: DVD Drive
Hard drive: 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda drive
PSU: OCZ 650w
Mobo: Asus P8Z68/Gen3
Keyboard: Razer Arctosa
Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider - black

Hi this is the spec of the pc im building - it this ok? anything that wont go togethor? thanks

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
ditch the OCZ power supply and get a corsair 750 watt or better yet 850 watt / the rest of your spec is first class and so should be the power supply making it all run !!!!!

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
OCZ for the most part are of mediocre internal construction...........corsair is much better and seasonic is the king (seasonic X750 is the equal to your intel 2700K)

·
Registered Member
2,079 Posts
And XFX's PSUs are top quality as well :smile:

750w should be fine but if I were spending that much £ on a video card, I'd prefer an 850w.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a chance one of those 750w will blow it? if not which is better please and if yes what 850w psu would you reccomend. thanks

·
Registered Member
2,079 Posts
A good quality 750w wouldn't blow it at all unless you got a defective unit, it's just preferable to not work your PSU very hard. It will degrade with time as well, so for a very expensive card like the 680 it's wise to leave the headroom.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks i will definatly(think i spelt that wrong?) not go with 650w and will try to go for the 850w, other than the PSU is everything ok? thanks

·
ROG Enthusiast
1,497 Posts

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Re: [SOLVED] Is this ok?

If you want 8GB of RAM, go with a 2x4GB matched pair to avoid any possible voltages issues.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Help cutting costs

Hi i recently asked here for help seeing if my pc spec is ok - http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/solved-is-this-ok-637731.html - it has ended up costing £1400 before building costs and im looking to try to drop this mabe to £1200. Can anyone suggest things that i can downgrade without having a noticeable affect on performance( other than 680). The Main 1 i can think of is 2500k from 2700k saving £80. Thanks

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Re: [SOLVED] Is this ok?

i5 CPU, one GPU, and possibly a little lower tier, 2x4GB of RAM and 1TB or less Hdd.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
should i cut the SSD its £70 is it noticeably different? ww.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004W2JKWG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Help cutting costs

Hi i recently asked here for help seeing if my pc spec is ok - http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/solved-is-this-ok-637731.html - it has ended up costing £1400 before building costs and im looking to try to drop this mabe to £1200. Can anyone suggest things that i can downgrade without having a noticeable affect on performance( other than 680). The Main 1 i can think of is 2500k from 2700k saving £80. Thanks
I am pretty sure the cpu will come with its own cooler?

I think a less expensive motherboard will not lower the performance as much as cpu, gpu, ram and HD would.

Getting a less expensive case, mouse and keyboard will not lower the performance. Pretty obvious but simple things to cut the price down.

A smaller hard drive will be less expensive. I don't think a gamer would ever use 2TB, even if you installed a large amount of games.

If those things don't suit you wishes, I think the next thing in line to down grade is the cpu.

Your computer is so good. lastly, getting a less expensive gpu will lower your fps rates, but they are already so high that I think if you need to save money, you could sacrifice for a lesser gpu.

let me know if you want me to make a shopping basket for you but it's your choice what you want to scale down on

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
should i cut the SSD its £70 is it noticeably different? ww.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004W2JKWG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Your links isn't complete so we can't see it. It is a better option to post the Brand Name & Model Number of any components.
Yes, drop the SSD. You save money and only sacrifice is faster boot time.
I listed several other ways to cut your cost without sacrificing any performance.
Dropping the SSD and the second GPU will cut the cost considerably.
i5 CPU, one GPU, and possibly a little lower tier, 2x4GB of RAM and 1TB or less Hdd.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.