Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 things actually;

1) In my IE browser I have Gooogle hyperlink as a favorite (sittin up in my links bar) and just now when I clicked it, it begins to download a file. I immediately rejected the prompt and checked properties and the URL hyperlink is still www.google.com, so its not redirecting to another site that upon opening, a D/L automatically runs. Is it poss a hack attempt is occuring?

2) in a site based e-mail acct I have, I occasionally recieve e-mails from people who I do not know but there is no mesages or attachments inside, can this also be an attempt of a breach? maybe a "confirmation recipt" is being bounced back to the originator with account information?

Any idea's on whats possibly goin on?

TIA

·
Registered
32 Posts
for the first time ever... www.google.com won't load for me!!!!!! OMG GOOGLE'S DOWN... :) Maybe you caught them at a bad time... Like maybe they are updating the site and something made you download a file...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if you tried the google hyperlink in my post its cause of the grammatical use of a comma picked up by the hyprlink. I did delete the link and reset a new one which works. I'm deleting cookies etc after a virus check picked up nothing but I wonder how the link was spoofed (if thats the case) if the url was still correct.

Then again, we are talkin about a M.S. product so anything is possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.