4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my build :

GA-MA770-US3

amd 6000+ am2

gigabyte 4770 512MB pci-e 2.0

samsung 160GB 7200 rpm

Corsair Twinx 2x1GB dual channel 1066Mhz

PSU - Codegen 650watt , has 2x 4pin power connectors running 17amps and 18amps for video card.

-------------------------------------------------

I am having an issue whilst in a game mainly, or watching a video. What happens is every so often ( about once every minute ), my sound stammers and sounds like it gets "stuck" on a part of the sound, at this exact moment my video also stammers / gets stuck for a split second. This makes it hard to play games properly, and is really annoying.

I have all the latest drivers for my sound, but coz i am using a 4770, and there has not been official driver support released for it, i'm not sure if it is a driver issue..... Please help, its driving me nuts... Also my power supply is apparently pretty crappy - maybe that is causing this problem?

·
Registered
174 Posts
yes your video card is straving to death. using the (2) 4 pin into the (1) 6 pin "Y" connection is NOT the way to go, even though they put them in the box almost everyone here will tell you not to hook it to the PSU using this way. get yourself a high quality PSU with the 6 pin video card connection with at least 26 amps on the rail. you may find most if not all your problems will be solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I thought that this may be the problem, thankyou for responding. I am thinking of getting this PSU :

http://www.gamedude.com.au/prod_show.php?art_no=psCOtx_650

Please let me know if this is a good one or not.

Also, just checked the Max wattage for the 12v rails is 285watt. both are at 18amps . I'm guessing that is really bad?

Should I be advised to not play games until I get my new PSU, or should it be ok to? I plan to upgrade in two days.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.