Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title of the Thread says it all.
I got crack/lag problems with my sound card.
and i found out that there is something with the directx9 compatibality.
I got the directx10 version but it isn't ready for some games (like Mirror's edge and MySims)
Anyways if you found a sulotion please tell me :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this occurs on my laptop.
I installed all latest drivers and that kind of stuff.
I managed to put it in this attachment.
But uh i dunno if it helps but i got a realtek sound card.
If you can provide me an older version (that works with directx9) then i think it will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It's probably best not to think of your audio in terms of directx.

There are known problems with laptops and static/crackling noises that are inherent with certain laptops. Also, your system is a bit on the weak side when it comes to running Vista, especially if you have a lot of stuff running. This probably explains why you are experiencing lag issues, especially if you are trying to play any games with this laptop.

What is the make/model of your laptop?

You have Vista now but are you thinking of going to XP?

What are you trying to do?

Pauldo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a acer aspire 9411.
With the outside of a 9410.
And uh i got a dual-boot on it with xp.
but eeh.... it is worse really worse it lags like hell.
I even can't start it up because of low amount of virtual memory.
Maybe if there is a way to fix that it might help?!
Or do you know a program to FULLY clean your hard-drive (except of the OS of course)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot of issues going on here.

Here's an article to help with virtual memory: http://www.delete-computer-history.com/increase-virtual-memory.html

You can try CCleaner, which I see some people here recommending but I myself don't recommend registry cleaners as they can cause more damage than they fix and they very rarely get all of the problems. A reformat and re-install of windows is much better and cleans the registry like no other registry cleaner out there.

As for your audio, it is compatible with both OS's. You just need to use the appropriate driver. Acer doesn't show anything for an aspire 9411 so I assume that the 9410 drivers will work. Do you have an install CD? Use that if you do.

Here is the download page, in case you need it. http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?...tx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012

Note the different Vista and XP drivers.

Try re-installing your chipset drivers, then re-installing your audio drivers.

Try turning everything off that starts-up using msconfig (Start>>Run>>type in msconfig) and if things run better, turn on your start-up items one by one and see what is causing the conflict.

Let us know how it goes.

Pauldo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.