Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've recently had issues with my Laptop shutting down abruptly. I figured it could be Heat sync. I blow it out the best I could with Computer canned air today. I was looking for a program that monitors my Temp & fan speed while I work. I got Speedfan but it does not recognize my fan/fans. I get the temp from PC Wizard (42-57C) but it doesn't see the fans either. It got me thinking about all those "All-in-One" programs that fix registry issues & clean up your system. I've heard conflicting info. I heard they really help, but others say they are a waste & slow your system down. I thought I'd get get some advice here.
-Any program or programs you'd recommend to help my laptop run better?
(preferably with something that tracks real time Temp & Fan speed)
Thanks!
---------------
Toshiba-Satellite L25-Vista Biz Serv pack1-Celeron M 1.5Ghz-2Ghz Ram-Always have 5-6 FireFox windows open-Outlook 2007 open all day.
---------------

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
PC Wizard and SpeedFan although not that point accurate, they both give you a good idea how high your temps can get. If the cause is indeed overheating SpeedFan will show temps rising to more than 50C or even higher. Average temps is in the range of 30+ to lower 40C. If you are getting 50C while laptop is idle, then consider reapplying thermal compound and cleaning the insides (take apart the laptop).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.