Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im planning on getting a hp pavillion notebook series 1000 but it has a CPU of 1.5 GHz (Celeron M 370). Normally i wouldn't care so much, but my desktop computer right now has a CPU of 2.00 GHz, and it goes pretty damn slow. so im wondering whether i should have a hp pc custom built from scratch in order to get a CPU (Pentium M 725 or higher), or does increasing the GHz from 1.50 to 1.60 really matter all that much, i mean worth for an extra 50 bucks and a week of waiting?

i would also like to know the gigahertz of CPUs you guys use most often. please help me on this. thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, can you guys tell me which video card is better: the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 900 - Pentium or Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 900 - Celeron ?

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am not quite sure what you are asking, but if you are saying will P4 1.6 be noticeably different than 1.5 Celeron the answer is yes but not for speed as much as cache of a celeron is a killer in a laptop. never ever even think about a Celeron laptop...they are so slow and the "white out" when you try to run multiple programs can make the calmest person suicidal.
Now if you mean 1.5 to 1.6 in same cpu, no no noticeable difference at all, but remember the ram too.

·
The Patriot
667 Posts
2.0 GHZ shouldnt be as slow as you claim, really anything over 1.5 shouldnt drag with todays software and hardware.

But is their a noticeble different between 1.5 and 1.6? I dont think you would notice much different in the 2 unless the chips were totally different and still then I dunno if you notice a difference.

as for your desktop, run some maintence on it and if nothing else format it.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Van:

Youre not going to see any diff between a 1.5 & 1.6 cpu make sure you buy extra ram instead !!

try this program on your desktop / it has a free 15 day evaluation period / should help your slow desktop ???? how much ram on the desktop ??
http://www.download.com/3000-8022_4-10337358.html

regards

joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.