Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
see i have 2 computers on a 100mb/s network. ive run tests and my old comp can load off of the newer one at about 74mb/s max (3x the speed of the old comps hd).
is their a way to make my paging file on this networked drive?, it would screw things up if that computer was shut down, but im curious if its possible.
the default windows tools cant do it, i looked in the registry and couldnt find anything on it. this would really speed up my games, any help would be appreciated.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I think this would be a serious mistake, and the paging file is a minor component of your total performance.

I'm curious how you manage to move data across the link many times faster than the maximum speed of the link! 100mbit links can support 12.5mbyte/sec theoretical maximum, but in real life it would be in the 7-8mbyte/sec range. It must be a pretty pathetic system to be getting less throughput than that from the hard disk.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently i was mistaking, ive been up to 74% of the network speed, which apaprently is scaled down somehow...
megabit vers megabyte, i never caught on to that...
still ide like to try it, as my hds on my older computer load games slower then when they load games off of the other computer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.