Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive just bought a Dell XPS 8100 some "weeks" ago and im just wondering if my temps is alright?

Ive just played Call of duty 4 at max for an hour and the max temp was 76C is this to high or should i not worry. BTW: the idle temp is around 39.

Im not worried im just wondering a little bit ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would not worry to much about it yet. That number is on the high side, but you will know when the video card is not enjoying the fact that its running that high, the computer will start to freeze up on you, or the game will start crashing on you.

You could always see if you could install another case fan, or even a bay cooling fan to help keep that air moving.

Try taking the side of the computer case off for a bit and point a fan in its direction and see if that helps keep it down a bit, if it does then go and purchase another fan for the pc.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
5,760 Posts
In comparison my 5770 is at 36c right now and when I play COD modern warfare 2 at max settings it doesn't get past 65c. It also depends on how many case fans one is running too! I have 3! One in the front, 1 on the bottom amd 1 in the rear. I don't think that 76c is too high myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.