Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read and saw the picture of the soldering problem with the P4C800 Deluxe, I have a P4C800-E and suffer from random restarts every few hours, I have XP SP1.

I was wondering what was the reason, I currently have 2 suspects,

1. The soldering problem

2. My memory, Kingston HyperNix, which is not lister in the HQL list of my MB.

3. Any suggestions ?

When the computer restarts, it creates a dump file which includes these bits of information:

*** STOP: 0x000000C5 (0x00000004,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x805386A1)

*** ISR at %lx appears to have an interrupt storm

system restarted during a bugcheck

I opened my MB and took a look and one of the soldering was smushed by the CPU bracket, but I dont think it is intterupting anything in the case of my MB.

could some one take a look in the picture and tell me if I am wrong ? as I see it, the solder point is smushed but it does not overlap any of the contact lines.

please tell me what you think

thanks

·
Citizen of the world
51,053 Posts
The four large pads are ground pads, and they connect to the ground plane that surrounds them. I don't see any shorts here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The solder doesn't look too bad but I'm not totally sure. Is it possible for you to exchange the Ram for something that is on the P4C800-E Ram list? This motherboard is kind of flakey at times and the wrong Ram might be the problem. Is that error code occurring when Windows boots up or before?

·
Registered
376 Posts
After installing your OS, did you install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility before installing anything else? Not doing that will cause problems.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Nice photo BTW. The solder pad at lower left looks a little close to the (round) holethru, but it's not in the smoosh zone. Other than that I agree with Johnwill, the smooshed one is not shorting.

-clintfan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I guess everyone agree that I don't have a soldering problem.

Now I will try to get the non HyperNix kingston memory, I had them before but I wanted the better ones (and more expensive ones). the older kingston memory was on the HQL list.

I also did install Intel INF utility as the first thing (well second, first was the MSBlaster Patch)

·
Registered
376 Posts
The newer memory may yet be compatible with the mobo, but simply hasn't gone through the testing process yet.

What all is in this system, and what configuration are they in? Check your IRQ settings in the BIOS as well. The only time I've had automatic and unwanted rebooting was when I had PSU and hard drive problems. Although the extra system information might not help me to find a solution, it may help one of the experts on this board to locate an overlooked problem, thereby saving you money with buying new RAM.
:winking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.