Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there-
I'm having some trouble booting my computer, so I want to ask the experts (you guys). I have an Abit BW-7 motherboard and a Pentium 4 1.5 423-pin processor with 384 mgs of sdram. Recently, I installed a dvd burner, and in the process of encoding a .avi movie file to burn on a dvd, the computer froze so I shut it down. But now it won't boot up anymore, not even to the bios. I have checked all my peripherals and they all seem to be fine, yet it still won't boot. I have cleared my cmos multiple times, but still nothing. Everything has power, everything is spinning, yet it won't boot. In the LED POST indicater on the board, it reads "CF" which according to my manual means "Test CMOS R/W Funcionality" but I do not know what to do. Is my motherboard or processor fried? If so, how could it just by encoding a video file! (ps I've never overclocked it either) I really need your help here, thanks so much in advance!! Please respond!! ~Tyson Zitzow

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Well, it's certainly not fried from doing normal applications, but something may have failed. I'd first carefully check all the internal connections, reseat all the expansion cards and memory, and try to fire it up again. If that fails, remove any non-essential hardware, especially anything you've just added, and give it another shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.