Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided to upgrade my computer by getting a new PSU, graphics card, and case. It worked for a while, then my monitor displayed "No signal." My graphics card's fan started spinning as fast as it goes, and the computer's power light went off, but the hard drive light was solid. Neither the power or reset buttons did anything, so the only way to turn it off was to flip the switch on the power supply. I was able to fix it for a few days by reseating the power connections on the video card, but now it's happening again and I can't fix it. I'm thinking it's the motherboard because of the lights and power buttons not responding. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Biostar TA780G-M2+ (cheap)
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9600
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz
GFX: Galaxy GeForce GTS-250 512MB (this is the new card. outdated, but cheap with good performance)
PSU: Corsair TX650
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430

Another possibility I was thinking was the graphics card overheating, since I read other posts with this issue, but I would think the power and reset buttons would work.

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi stargazer418,

You can also try testing out a spare monitor but I have a feeling that the problem lies on the new video card you purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.