Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching a video when my iPhone X just randomly turns off, I maybe thought that the battery went down without me noticing so I plugged it in and tried to turn it on after a few minutes. It didn't work, so I waited for like 30 more minutes and held the power button for like a whole 3 minutes. Then I tried pushing the volume up then down then holding the power, that didn't work. Then I tried pushing both volume and power and that didn't work.

Details: there is a 1/2 crack in the top left screen, but I've also dropped it many times with a case and screen protector

Is my phone done for? And If I go to the apple store what would they try to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,917 Posts

·
Global Moderator
51,415 Posts
Details: there is a 1/2 crack in the top left screen, but I've also dropped it many times with a case and screen protector
Probably no further comment required, but I'd suggest you stop dropping the phone!
I suspect you'll have to go to the Apple store to see what they might do. I doubt anyone here can possibly answer that question accurately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just watching a video when my iPhone X just randomly turns off, I maybe thought that the battery went down without me noticing so I plugged it in and tried to turn it on after a few minutes. It didn't work, so I waited for like 30 more minutes and held the power button for like a whole 3 minutes. Then I tried pushing the volume up then down then holding the power, that didn't work. Then I tried pushing both volume and power and that didn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.
you can send it to the Apple store for repair but the first check, is it able to repair? Otherwise, go for a new iPhone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts