Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a movie today on my tv tuner and the system suddenly turned itself off. I tried turning it back on again but nothing happened what-so-ever. I have a Asus A7V600-x motherboard which has a green light indicating a power supply and that is on when the power supply is turned on, but when the front button is pushed all that happens is the HSF fan jiggles slightly then remains stationary. The PSU fan also doesn't spin, I don't know if it "jiggles" though.
Any ideas? Is this symptomatic of X disorder? Is it time to hang up the gloves?

My specs:
Motherboard: Asus A7V600-X
Cpu:Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton Core) running at 1.9Ghz I think (not overclocked)
graphics: 32MB TNT2 on the AGP... yeah
ram: Generic PC3200 512MB, 1 module
drives: 52x Samsung cd reader, WD Cavier 40GB ATA100 @ 7200RPM, no floppy.
PSU: 300W

I was watching the movie on a pixelview playtv pro, the radio version as well, if that helps.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sounds like your PSU just checked out.

Do you have another one or have a buddy with an extra one you can swap out real quick to check against?

The little light on the motherboard lights up when the PSU is plugged into the wall, so that's really not a good way to tell if the PSU is beat or not.

While you're in there, give it a good cleaning with some canned air to get the dust out of everything :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It had been cleaned out quite well about a week ago, hardly any dust. I have a spare computer I can take the PSU from, I'll try that.

EDIT: I got halfway through the power supply swap and I realised the new one was an AT. School holidays ATM so everyone's AWOL, I doubt I could get permission to use this computer's PSU.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Good deal, let us know.

·
Registered
878 Posts
have a chance to try a diff psu yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.