Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a new SSD, as you can see below with the WD Blue being installed into the bay next to the old that came with the PC when I bought it. Before, when I'd close the case by sliding in the cover and screwing it in, these cables would be pushed into the space where the SSD now is. With this new SSD installed (It doesn't have a data cable yet because it has yet to come in) these wires are now smashed pretty tightly against the WD Blue. Will the SSD or the cords be affected in any way when it comes to heat produced by the drive? If worse comes to worse, I could just remove the old SSD, the thing was showing signs of possibly beginning to fail. I'd just install the new one in it's place. But the extra space would be really nice.

Computer Electrical wiring Computer cooling Electricity Computer hardware

Electricity Electrical wiring Circuit component Computer hardware Electronic engineering
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle tire Wood

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,989 Posts

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,208 Posts
Truthfully, I see no issue at all having wires just laying there. I can't imagine that being a problem. I have three SSD's in this machine, and none of them even get warm, so I don't see heat as a major issue.

·
10,989 Posts
What is the approximate PSI (pounds per square inch) against the SSD when the computer side is re-installed? Don't want to bend or break the SSD or eventually damage the wires from rubbing against the case side while the computer is running.

·
10,989 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts