Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

So recently i had problems with my HDD. All of the sudden my computer froze up. I decided to restart but after that it would not boot as i was getting "A disk error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart".

I read throughout the forum for solution and i tested my HDD with SeaTools and after the long test it said test failed because of bad sectors and so on. I then unplugged my SATA cable out of the HDD and then installed windows on the other disk.

(After my computer started i plugged the dead HDD back in and restarted the comp and logically i got the same message again, but after an unplug, windows starts normally)

Now, is it possible to recover the files from the HDD that was acting on me?
Thanks for reading and i hope u have a nice day. :hide:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
well it "depends" clearly the drive is failing or failed you need a desktop pc to connect it direct to a sata port no usb to sata adapter if it holds the desktop down and won't let it boot then you need to send to pro recovery if you can get the computer up try using the trial version of r-studio in my signature to scan the drive you "may get lucky" it just depends on how far gone the drive is

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.