Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
your question is not totally obvious, are you asking if it is possible to have a virus or spyware in the bios, in which case I am not aware of such a problem, but imagine it could happen? If you are wondering if a BIOS can be buggy from the factory, absolutely, check your MB maker for a update.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i meant A virus. i Know theres some for old OS I had several of them back in my day's But i didnt think they do them enymore thill i checked this otu
ANd it has teh symtoms
And i was alittle hunged over tis morning so i didnt know what i was typing lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My symptoms are my hardware is going bad or its has the virus cause. IT edited my memory so i cant use the last 3mgb. There fore i get Hash and file curruption errors while swapping and installing files and stuff..

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
At this point, I am still not convinced you have a boot sector virus. Are you sharing floppy diskettes and pirated software applications? This is commonly how they are spread.

Boot sector repair is best accomplished by the use of antivirus software.

Some boot sector viruses encrypt the MBR, improper removal can result in a drive that is inaccessible.
Antivirus software remains the best tool for cleanly and accuarately removing boot sector viruses with minimal threat to data and files.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.