Tech Support banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate Chrome. I want to go back to FF but everyone seems to have problems 3 months ago with FF. Are you using FF as your main default browser? McAfee won't get off my screen. I will not use it HOW do I get it off my computer. It is NOT in settings. It just keeps popping up.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,233 Posts

·
8,233 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next, on that same page, scroll down to and try the "How to Remove McAfee in Windows Using the McAfee Removal Tool" section.
It simply is no place to be found. I try an go back to FF as my default browser and all I get is a WHITE screen? Shall I uninstall it? Maybe it is corrupt?

·
8,233 Posts
Try this: with Firefox closed, press [WinKey]+[R] to open the Run box. Type:

firefox -safe-mode

and press [Enter].

If it opens okay this way, one or more of of your Firefox Add-Ons/Extensions is causing the problem.

If not, yes, try uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling Firefox.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try this: with Firefox closed, press [WinKey]+[R] to open the Run box. Type:

firefox -safe-mode

and press [Enter].

If it opens okay this way, one or more of of your Firefox Add-Ons/Extensions is causing the problem.

If not, yes, try uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling Firefox.
Will do! TU, SJ

·
Registered
76 Posts
Using WaterFox an Open Source version of Firefox, Firefox and Chrome.

Can't stand chromes dumbed down user interface so tards or noobs can surf the net. But need it for certain web appliances.

Waterfox can link to your Firefox account so you don't lose any bookmarks or history from when you used Firefox. Waterfox also uses most Firefox extensions, so major plus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate Chrome. I want to go back to FF but everyone seems to have problems 3 months ago with FF. Are you using FF as your main default browser? McAfee won't get off my screen. I will not use it HOW do I get it off my computer. It is NOT in settings. It just keeps popping up.
I think you have some malware. Check your programs list and see if you have a app you don't recognize. If so, delete it, and restart.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try Revo Uninstaller (free) to remove Mcfee then install Waterfox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts