Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I was wondering if anybody could help me. I am OK technically, but no Bill Gates!

I am the proud lady owner of a 60GB IPOD which I have proudly amassed 8065 songs. All of these tunes are also backed up in I-Tunes on my Laptop.

This evening, the Laptop died its final death, leaving me with the IPOD, but now unable to access my collection of tunes.

Fortunately, we also have another PC in the house, and I installed I-Tunes off the internet this evening. However, when I plug the IPOD into the PC, the I-Tunes does not recognise the IPOD. With me so far?!

Could anybody please help me with the following:

1 - is there something really simple that I am not doing to make my IPOD compatible with the PC?

2 - can I add songs to the I-Tunes on the PC without having to lose everything that is already installed onto the IPOD?

3 - is it possible to put the tunes that are currently in the IPOD onto the PC?

Sorry if these questions are a little but remedial, but my level of expertise extends pretty much to operating the 'Shuffle' function!

Many thanks

April

·
Registered
22 Posts
Okay, here are a few things

1. Putting music from your iPod to your PC is relativly easy. There are two ways: Apple takes their users for morons apparently because your songs on your iPod are just hidden files. All you really have to do is drag and drop. Go to Control Panel>Folder Options (or files and folders or something like that)>Click the "View" tab>Check the show hidden files and folders circle

To drag and drop I'm pretty sure your iPod must be in hard drive mode (putting it into this could fix your recognition problems altogether). To do this open iTunes (syncing your iPod with a new computer will ERASE your songs on you iPod so I wouldn't do it unless you are absolutly sure...). Plug in your iPod if it isn't already and in the bottom right corner you should see a little iPod options button. Click it and under one of the tabs there should be a checkbox that says "enable hard disk mode." Check that. Sorry I can't be completely specific. I'm at school and this computer doesn't happen to have iTunes on it. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.