Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I was wondering if anybody could help me. I am OK technically, but no Bill Gates!

I am the proud lady owner of a 60GB IPOD which I have proudly amassed 8065 songs. All of these tunes are also backed up in I-Tunes on my Laptop.

This evening, the Laptop died its final death, leaving me with the IPOD, but now unable to access my collection of tunes.

Fortunately, we also have another PC in the house, and I installed I-Tunes off the internet this evening. However, when I plug the IPOD into the PC, the I-Tunes does not recognise the IPOD. With me so far?!

Could anybody please help me with the following:

1 - is there something really simple that I am not doing to make my IPOD compatible with the PC?

2 - can I add songs to the I-Tunes on the PC without having to lose everything that is already installed onto the IPOD?

3 - is it possible to put the tunes that are currently in the IPOD onto the PC?

Sorry if these questions are a little but remedial, but my level of expertise extends pretty much to operating the 'Shuffle' function!

Many thanks

April

PS - I am using XP

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Please do not double post this only tends to split replies and confuse everybody,I have placed your other unanswered post in the recycle bin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still Plugging Away

Sorry for the double post!

OK - I will uninstall and then reinstall I-Tunes. So when I plug the IPOD into the back of the PC it should be recognised straight away.

Also - in terms of not losing my tunes, will it not revert back to the automatic setting and wipe everything. Do I not have to press anything?

Thanks

April

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
no, your ipod is a hard drive with the songs installed. you will need to read your manual or go online to see what buttons to push
good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had the same happen with my Ipod, but my computer didn't crash...sorry. When you connect your ipod to your other computer, does the screen light up? does it charge? does it do anything? If it does light up and start to charge then all you have to do is reset your ipod and don't worry, it won't erase any or your songs. After you do this, it should connect with your computer and I-tunes perfectly. Here's what you do...

To reset iPod, iPod (Scroll Wheel), and iPod (Touch Wheel):

Connect your iPod to the Apple iPod Power Adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect your iPod to your Mac's built-in FireWire port
Toggle the Hold switch on and off (slide it to Hold and then turn it off again)
Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons until the Apple/iPod logo appears (about 6 to 10 seconds). You may need to repeat this step

To reset iPod mini and iPod (Click Wheel):

Connect your iPod to the iPod Power Adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet
Toggle the Hold switch on and off (slide it to Hold and then turn it off again)
Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears (about 6 to 10 seconds). You may need to repeat this step

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.