Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20GB 4th Gen iPod and a dell laptop with Windows XP. I just upgraded to the newest version of iTunes. 7.0.2.16

When I plug my iPod into my computer's firewire card I get this message:

"iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."

Starting earlier yesterday, whenever I open iTunes and then connect my iPod, CPU usage climbs into the 70-80% and I end up waiting a few minutes before the above error message appears. Within a minute, the small autoplay window will pop-up but it will continue searching without finding anything until I use the taskmanager to end it.

My iPod shows up sometimes as a drive in My Computer, but clicking on it only leaves me with a permanent hourglass and a My Computer that's not responding until I end it too using the taskmanager. It shows up under "my computer" but when I right-clicked the icon (in order to ReFormat it "FAT32") things just freeze up and no menu appears.

I have reset the iPod numerous times and restored it, only to have teh computer tell me it is sorrupted and needs to be restored. I have also put it into disk mode and then tried connecting it. I have given it some alone time with the wall charger. I've used all 3 of the iPod USB cords I own, tried different USB ports on my computer and restarted my computer numerous times and also shut it down and removed the battery in the hopes that the USB ports would reset as hwc suggested.

My sister's laptop, also with iTunes, will not recognize my iPod either. Same thing now happens when I connect to it--a few minute wait, the exact same error message and then the searching autoplay window.

Thanks for any help guys!

All buttons work fine when it's not plugged into the computer, the lgith turns on fine and all that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.