Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently discovered software on the internet that (supposedly) allows you to tranfer music off of your ipod onto a new computer. i am very intrigued, but sceptical.

first off, is it legal?
secondly, will it transfer them onto your computer as useable mp3 files? or some random itunes files.
thirdly, if anyone has used this software before i would be interested to know how well it works, what is the best software to use (preferably free software) etc.

all info welcome

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Yep it's legal, i forget the site i looked at but if you've bought the music you've legally got the right to keep copies of it in any media form(There's entire websites dedicated to this)...

As for the actual program, i've seen a few which output as .mp3, some use .aac audio, they're all transcodeable to .mp3 so they should all work fine. As for programs in specific, i haven't used any, i only use a shuffle and i've messed with that to make it more like a traditional plug and play mp3 player... But googling "itunes to mp3" and "rip itunes" you should find quite a lot to sift through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.