Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry if this in the wrong board - as you can see, I'm fresh to the forums.)

So, I have a 4th Generation iPod running off on Window XP. It's fairly new, as I got it in Mid-July. It's been working wonders lately, but out of the blue, I update iTunes (and then the iPod itself requires an update, apparently) and I stumble across a small problem...

A lot of my songs/albums don't have Cover/Album art displayed. (Recent) CD's I've put onto the iPod do display the appropiate art... but it seems like older albums I put on (after the update) aren't showing up. I check iTunes, and the Album Art loads perfectly for every track. Any ideas why they're not transfering onto the iPod itself? I've tried everything from re-doing album art to deleting music out of the Library, putting it back in, and then re-installing the covers... but to no avail - nothing.

Feedback is appreciated.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
I've never used an ipod so I'm just guessing... are the pictures in a format supported by the ipod update? (resolution, color-depth, size, filetype)

Check the properties of the cover art that works, and see if it's different to your new pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Album-Art are .gifs, and work perfectly fine in iTunes. What bothers me even more is the fact everything worked perfectly on the iPod up until a few days ago... when some of my previously-working Album Art just kind of dissapeared, and refuses to come back.

Thanks for at least trying to help, though.

For what it's worth, I managed to restore one of my CD's Album Art. I had to completely remove it from iTunes, change the name of the folder, and then add the songs again (from the newly named folder.) I update the iPod, and, to no surprise, the Album Art works perfectly. It's a tedious process, but I only have 24 more CD's to do this with...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.