Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old laptop windows 10 that connects to a IP address in a local internet. This address connects to a Vanderbuilt Lite Blue key reader. When I try to connect with the old windows it always warns against doing it because, it is dangerous, but I click on it to connect anyway and I get into it so I can control the locks and keys. But when windows is updated I don't get the warning and I can't connect. I'm always able to return to the previous version. Is there is a way in updated windows 10 to work around this. What I worry about is the old computer will crap out and I'll have to get a new computer and then I won't be able to get into the software so I can operate it.
I know a little bit about computers (enough to be dangerous). If I can't get it to operate with the newer windows 10 I know I will have to have a bootable USB copy of the system and wipe the operating system from the new computer and install the bootable copy on the USB. What I don't know is how to do that. I've watched videos on this but I get lost. I need a step by step way to make sure I get this right. Can you point me to a good text way to do this I would really appreciate it or tell me how I can operate the board with new windows.
Thanks
Don

·
Global Moderator
42,189 Posts
In the new computer, Press the Windows key+R. In the Run box type \\[the IP address] Press Enter (ie) \\192.168.1.XX and press Enter or whatever the IP is. That should take you to the device.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts