Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a similar problem on a Dell Latitude E6410. It connects to the Internet just fine at our regional office and at home, but at a field office it cannot obtain a DHCP address. I've run all the ipconfig /.... resets to no avail. Other dell models, Precision Mobile notebooks and Optiplex desktops work fineat that location, but it seems all E6410s received after Nov 2010 have the same problem. Dell has replaced the mother board twice but I suspect the replacements are from the same mother board supplier as the problem motherboard. All use the Intel 82577LM gigabit network card (on motherboard). Tried driver from Intel dated 2/24/2011, older drivers, no help. System is using windows xp sp3. Any one else experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Welcome to TSF,

You have subscribed from this Thread. It's best to have your own Thread so I moved and created one for you here.

===========================
Is this a wired or wireless issue? Have you tried using a different network adapter?
It connects to the Internet just fine at our regional office and at home, but at a field office it cannot obtain a DHCP address.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The E6410 is a notebook so changing the network adapter requires changing the motherboard; it is a wired network connection. The wireless works fine everywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.