Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a very hard time with the LAN on my Lenovo W510. My network sometimes shows Unidentified network and sometimes it does show the proper domain. However, I never have internet access ("No Internet access"). Browsing the LAN works. I can get it to work by uninstalling the driver for the Intel 82577LM and then reinstalling it. However, after a reboot I have the same issue again.

Ipconfig gives me the following:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix : [our domain]
Link-local IPv6 Address :fe....
IPv4 Address: 10.1.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway:

What is interesting is that I get an IP address that I believe is in the static range, not dhcp. Also there is no line "DHCP Enabled" that I usually get on other computers. However, going to the connection->properties I have both ipv4 and ipv6 stacks set to "Obtain an IP address automatically". I tried to flush, clear the catalogue, etc but nothing help. Strangly enough, I only have that issue at work and at home it works fine. I never had any such issue with Win XP. Any help is appreciated as it drives me crazy.

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
Hi hama - welcome to TSF,

Since this is a work related issue have you informed the IT People at your work? Do you use the same laptop at home, and you're able to connect at your home network?
Strangly enough, I only have that issue at work and at home it works fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.