Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get this error message when I start windows.

Invalid VxD dynamic link call from VMM (01) + 0000B24C to device "43E3", service E A77.
Your windows configuration is invalid. Run the windows setup program again to correct this problem.

Its annoying me like hell. Please help!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi matey,
i was getting an error message like that when i was re-ghosting one of my machines, it turned out to be the scondeary IDE controller had failed on the MoBo, best thing to do is to take everything out and then start up, (leave VGA installed) if it starts up then its one of the components removed....

if that is the case then insert the components one at a time untill the computer fails to start.... you wil lthen have found the knacker component.................

If not then...

take a look at the post-post screen were it tells you your computer settings, have a look for the device codes you mentioned..........

if you still cant find it, take a look in the bios and look thorugh all the settings, turn off anything you dont need so that your are running a really basic system and build back from their........

It will normally be things like onbord sound video etc..

(i would make a note of any settings you cange)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you tried running System File Checker? If not go to Start and click Run, then type SFC and click ok. This program will go through a series of files and check if these file are still working correctly. When you run this program have the Win98 system disk handy, as SFC may ask you to place the disk in the drive to restore a file. If that doesn't work try going to the Microsoft site and search that error in Microsoft's database. That might give you some more information. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.