Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. In the past I have found solutions to a number of issue in this forum so I'm hoping someone can help me out now.
My girlfriend recently got a job at a local university and needed a pc for her office. I offered her my old Dell L600 cx which I had been using to try and learn linux on in my spare time. I attempted to reinstall windows using a Xp disc (w/ SP2) that I had recently used to rebuild another machine. I entered the BIOS and disabled all boot devices except the CD-ROM. When I attempted to boot I got:
"Invalid Boot Diskette Insert Boot Diskette in A:"
I removed the disc and reset the BIOS in an attempt to log into RedHat and again got the same message. I have tried unplugging the floppy drive with no luck. I even installed a brand new never formated WD 40g HD (which shows up in the BIOS) but still get this dang Invalid Boot Diskette message. I also tried booting from my redhat floppy to the new drive and still got the message!
I would be very appreciative if anyone can help me out. My girlfriend needs a pc and I need my sanity back!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.