Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s my problem.

I was having trouble with my web page yesterday. Anytime I clicked on Internet Explorer it would automatically show (This page cant be displayed). I figured it was a problem with my Internet service, so I waited a day to see if they fixed the problem.

When I came online this morning it hadn’t changed. I called my Internet company and they walked me through the steps of fixing the problem.

They told me to go to Tools

Then to Internet options, once there click on the connection tab.

Then they said to click on settings for (Dial up & Virtual private networking systems).

They then told me to uncheck the proxy server.

I did everything they told me to and it helped my internet worked after that but when I turned my computer off and came online later, my internet wasn’t working again, and I had to complete the steps again. Now I have to do that every time I turn off my computer and then start it up again.

I tried clicking on automatically detect settings, but when I turn off my computer it resets everything.

Is there a way to keep the changes made so I don’t have to go through all those steps every time I log onto the internet?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It would be best if you posted your thread in the Internet Forum to get faster and more reliable help this is the Windows XP forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.