Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and My Friend are planning a radio show, this Idea just came up... the problem is that my friend lives accross the country.

Is there a way that we could record our phone calls with software possibly? Is there a software that would do this?

Without having to buy extra equiptment.

If anyone could help with this... I would greatly appreciate it.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hi UNDERburn,

I think I have a solution for you: have your computer pick up the call (or call your friend using phone dialer) and use a standard audio recording program to record the call. See the attatched picture to see how to select the modem for recording. Note that your settings might look different, and that I got into this window through the light green (blueish?) icon in the system tray that looks like a mixer.

Attachments

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
The only other way is get small adapter that site on the phone-line and has a wire connection coming out of it that has a mic plug at the end. Its used for recording calls onto a cassette. But it should work for this too, just plug it into the extra input on your sound card. You can get the device from Radio Shack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fox.... Ill Definatley try that.

DJ, i know what your talking about, but I dont trust that, I had one, and it was very crummy..

Thanks both of you :)

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Did you download it?
No, mine was a part of the driver installation for my sound card. Look around in the control panel for something similar t othat since it probably does exist (it would need to in order for you to switch the recording device around). It would also help to know which model your sound card is so you can consult with their website to see how to access a menu that would give you the choice to record sound from the modem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.