Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my laptop in standbye mode all the time and whenever I turn it on it immediatley finds my wireless network. Then after about 2 minutes it goes away and comes back after a minute, but it could do that again in a little while. Can anyone please help me, is it a setting i have to change or something please help! If you need more info email me or solution email me @ [email protected]. THANX IN ADVANCE!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Do not know if I have a solution, but it sounds like you have a laptop with an internal wireless card and Windows XP with the Windows Wireless Zero controlling the wireless card.

You might consider trying to use the wireless card vendors software rather than Windows Wireless Zero.

What Windows XP Service Pack are you operating, 1 or 2? SP2 is slightly better than SP1, but in my opion, neither are very good with managing wireless cards.

JamesO

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
If you want to try something other than Windows Wireless Zero, you need to find out what type of wireless card your machine has and see if the vendor offeres a wireless utility that you can download.

If you have an Intel wireless card, Intels software is typically buggy. The software for the 2100/2200 cards is really problematic.

JamesO

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Service Pack 2 and i also have a dell trumobile 1300 internal wireless card. If you could kinda walk me through... i don really no wat im doing... thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resolved?

I think I got it by turning another utility on that was like Dell Wlan or something. I tried it and restarted it and its not disonnecting or anything! Thanks for your help. I'll post again if it stops working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.